Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Harvest on Wednesday, Then Dinner

We have had some very cool nights over the last three days, and we are LOVING IT!!

Here's my produce count for today.


From left to right,
Packman Broccoli "sprouts" (for broccoli this is my daily count)
Blue Lake Pole Beans - love this variety, very crisp and with a nutty flavor
I picked the tomatoes early to ripen them on my windowsill because the vine scrambled up into the 15 foot Bottlebrush thereby providing a convenient perch for the Cardinals to peck a few holes (they might be Early Girl, which I am not enamored with at all, due to poor production)
Below the tomats is the Red Sails lettuce (of which I only eat the inner tender leaves)
Purple Carnival Pepper, and above the pepper is
Tyee Fi Spinach

I bought the Broccoli and Early Girl Tomato as transplants. I grew the Blue Lake Pole beans, the Tyee Fi Spinach, and Carnival Pepper from a seed packet. But the Red Sails Lettuce, I harvested the seeds last year and planted in the fall of 2012.

My "Carnival" peppers have really taken off with several peppers on each bush.
Zone 10 you have time to get your seeds underway and, if you are interested in planting the "Carnival" variety of peppers, go here:

Burpee Carnival Peppers

What's For Dinner?
The boys will have brisket of beef tonight with the fresh broccoli, chopped pepper, and the pole beans as a side. No photo, I'm still cooking it!


Seeds of Change stock Tyee Fi Spinach
Oh, and did I mention we have Pineapples growing again?


Pineapple Floret
......love, love Florida!
go here to see my blog on getting Pineapples growing.
Growing Pineapples - It's Easy!!

Happy Passover or Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am so jealous- of your peppers and tomatoes specifically! My hometown is Ft Laud but sadly...I now live in Upstate NY (aka the North Pole) zone 5B.

    KK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....aka the North Pole" that's funny! You still have a short growing season though and could get your seeds started indoors to give a heads start.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read my blog and leave a message. Happy Gardening!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...